We currently have a vacancy for a Demand Planner to join our busy supply chain team. The role entails:
- Create & maintain demand forecasts for complex product base (exceptional/ short life skus)
- Use available customer data (e.g. sales, forecast, availability & stockholding) appropriately to optimise Demand Forecast accuracy.
- Exception lines – Closely monitor performance of exception lines (promotions, new lines, range changes & delists) to ensure forecast is as accurate as possible.
- External Events. Pro-actively forecast for all demand impacting events in a timely manner (E.g. Easter, Christmas, Bank Holidays)
- Monitor daily sales and adjust customer forecasts as necessary to ensure supply.
- Work alongside Supply Planning – ensuring planners are informed of any significant changes in demand in a timely fashion.
- Communicate effectively to customers, to deliver improved forecast & service level.
- Provide holiday cover for other demand planners.
As a Demand Planner you will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree Level educated with 1-3 Years of Demand Planning Experience.
- FMCG background
- Strong communicator (both spoken and written)
- Knowledgeable of Forecasting Systems. Previous exposure to Futurmaster is desirable.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to make things happen – You know what needs to be done, you do it or you offer suggestions to help it get done
- Ability to deliver excellent service – both internal and external relationships are managed to the best of your ability.
- A strong team player, you work with integrity and honesty, helping to make the team better.
- Adaptable to change – you embrace opportunities to move the business forward, suggest ways of doing this and support management led initiatives.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer. It is our policy to employ the best qualified individual and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of race, colour, ethnic origin, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion or belief, pregnancy, trans-gender status, marital or civil partnership status, age or disability.